Pet hair. If you have a cat or dog you know the struggle. Especially as the weather warms up for summer, tumbleweeds of dog and cat hair roll by whenever a breeze flows through the open door. Dust bunnies consisting mostly of pet hair accumulate around chair legs, under furniture, and in every corner. The vacuum is your new best friend, but do you really want to lug your heavy, cumbersome vacuum out of the closet each time you need to clean up some of these pet hair tumbleweeds before company arrives? I have a better solution!
Powerful Lightweight Vacuum for Pet Owners
I was compensated for this post with a new vacuum, I only share my honest opinion.
As part of #NationalLoveYourPetDay, BLACK+DECKER™ announced its new line of home cleaning products designed specifically for pet owners.
The new products include:
- Cordless Lithium-Ion Hand Vacuums
- a 20V MAX* 2in1 Cordless Vacuum
- and Robotic Vacuums
Each new cordless vacuum integrates specialized anti-tangle beater bars with rubberized bristles to pick up pet hair around the home.
I was given a 20V MAX* 2in1 Cordless Vacuum by BLACK+DECKER to review.
What I love about the 2in1 Cordless Vacuum
- It’s very light
- The base swivels to easily reach into corners and glide around furniture
- It’s cordless
- The hand vac detaches quickly and easily for quick clean up when needed.
- It’s powerful
- So easy to empty
- Simple and light enough for my kids to use!
- It’s powerful and picks up cat and dog hair easily off all floor surfaces and furniture
- Vacuuming stairs has never been easier using the floor attachment and hand vac
- Attachments are simple to connect and disconnect
- rubber beater bar to catch stubborn pet hair
- two vacuums in one, floor vacuum and hand held vacuum
- powered brush attachment
- Long lasting Lithium-Ion battery powered
- fresh linen scented filter to neutralize pet odors
- washable dustbins
- washable and replaceable filters and pre-filters
- Integrated SMARTECH™ sensing technology includes PowerBoost™, BatterySense™, and AutoSense™ as well as FilterSense™, which alerts the user with an illuminated LED icon when the filter needs to be cleaned
- Comes with a two year limited warranty
The 20V MAX* 2in1 Cordless Vacuum has a powered floor attachment head, which uses a rubber beater bar to catch stubborn pet hair, kitty litter, dry pet food, and whatever else ends up on your floor. As a 2in1 vacuum, you get two vacuums in one – for vacuuming floors and picking up small messes. It works great on both carpet and bare floor. The main power source is the battery-powered, removable Cordless Lithium-Ion Hand Vacuum, which comes with the same powered brush attachment mentioned above.
Lithium-Ion batteries hold a charge for up to 18 months. Just plug in to any wall outlet to recharge power to the vacuum. Also included are washable dustbins and washable and replaceable filters and pre-filters, which are really easy to clean, insert or remove.
Available as of Spring 2017 at retailers nationwide, the 2in1 vacuum and hand vacuums come with a two year limited warranty.
Since 1910, BLACK+DECKER has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland to a global manufacturing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home. For more information on BLACK+DECKER products, visit www.blackanddecker.com or follow BLACK+DECKER on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.
I love using this new vacuum. It’s so lightweight and powerful enough to keep all our floors clean and pet hair free. The hand vac is great, I use it all the time for quick clean up, shedding the couch of cat hair before a guest sits. And the cordless stick vacuum is perfect to be able to quickly rid the house of pet hair and dust bunnies before visitors come over.
Hi L. E., Roco, & Rascal! Yes, my human runs around like a chicken with her head cut off, too, to clean the house before visitors arrive. It is silly to watch. Mom likes the idea of this vacuum you mention, as her current one is heavy and bulky so doesn’t maneuver easily in tight spaces. You might have already addressed this, but she asks, does the Black & Decker come with bags or do you clean out a canister? Mew Mew!
Ellen Pilch says
That looks like a great vacuum.
Cathy Armato says
I love the 2 in 1 aspect, that’s so perfect! I’ve been wanting something like this for awhile. I like that it’s not too big & is lightweight. Great review.
Love & biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them
The Island Cats says
With three cats, we sure could use one of these. The mom hates dragging out the heavy vacuum…and we’re not too fond of it either.
You should see my human tripping over cords! She probably needs this.