June is adopt a cat month
I encourage you to consider adopting an adult cat (or two). Here are some great reasons:
- Rascal and Rocco were adopted as adults and they think you should adopt some fabulous kitties, too.
- Unlike kittens they’re less likely to shred curtains and couches or scratch and bite.
- They won’t pounce on your head at night, no wait, they might still do that.
- Adult cats won’t have to be trained to use the litter box.
- If you have young kids, they’re less fragile.
- They are in greater need of homes as kittens are usually preferred over adults.
- They often still have lots of playfulness.
- You’ll have a better idea of what you’re getting, such as personality and how big they’ll get.
- If you want to relax after a long day, a kitten will be ready to play, but an older cat may be content to curl up on your lap and snuggle.
There are plenty more reasons, but adopting an older cat into your family could be the best choice you ever made.
Who would be sleeping on my head if I didn’t have Rascal? Who would keep my feet warm without Rocco? Who would wake me at sunrise every morning, even on my days to sleep in? Who would purr, kneed my legs, and knock my book out of my hand to give me love and affection?
Who would scratch at the door to come in, then out, then in, then out again, giving me extra exercise to open and close the door ten times in a row for them. How would I stay fit without that? These furry, demanding, boys have brought so much joy to my life.
Caring for your adult cat
Of course you’ll want to take exceptional care of your new adult cats and one way to do that is by providing the best nutrition for your cats health.
Cats need plenty of hydration, but they don’t get enough from drinking water alone. It’s important to give them healthy wet cat food that will keep them hydrated.
Wellness Divine Duos, is a great option as they use natural ingredients and are filled with super nutrients, not stuffed with fillers.
|As you can see, Rascal couldn’t scarf his down fast enough!|
For healthy dry cat food, we’ve been feeding our cats Wellness Complete Health Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe.
The boys love the taste and I love that it’s all natural, promotes healthy muscle tone, skin, and coat, and is packed with nutrients.
They even have a gold seal on each package with the
NO: GMOs, meat By-products, wheat, corn, soy, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
As a pioneer in holistic nutrition, Wellness seeks new ways to help pets thrive, educate people about the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and support animal wellness programs.
This post is sponsored by Wellness
and the Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread
the word about Wellness, but Rascal and Rocco only shares information we
feel is relevant to our readers. Wellness is not responsible for the
content of this article.