There is someone you can count on to love you no matter what. Someone who doesn’t care if your hair is done or your make up is on, doesn’t care if you even brushed your teeth today! There is nothing like the unconditional love of pets.
We just celebrated National Love Your Pet Day, but as pet owners, we don’t need one day to celebrate the special relationship we have with our pets. We celebrate the love we have for them and they for us every day!
Love Your Pet Every Day
We all deal with relationships every day. There are so many different types; co-workers, friendships, partners, etc. All of these take effort to be healthy relationships and they work best through equal giving and taking. Pets, however love us no matter what. We can leave them for a weekend with a pet sitter and they’ll love us just as much when we return. We can go to work all day and they’ll be happier than ever to see us when we get home. We can even forget to groom or exercise them, and, yep, they’ll still love us.
But just as with people, we should try our best to show equal amounts of love to our fur babies as they do us.
How can you show your cat or dog you love them?
You can’t possibly pet your cats or dogs as much as they desire, I’d never be able to leave the house! So, what does showing your pet equal love look like?
How to show love to your cat or dog
- Give your pet plenty of attention
- Keep your pet groomed so he or she can be comfortable
- Give your pet plenty of exercise so they can feel their best
- Provide a clean, healthy home with a cozy place to sleep
- Feed your pet nutritious, natural pet food
Natural cat food and natural dog food is becoming easier to come by. In fact we just learned of a new brand that we now love! Feeding our pets a healthy diet is so important to make them feel good, have energy, and live longer, healthier lives. That means more time to love on you and for you to love on your favorite kitty cat or puppy dog!
This post is sponsored by Chicken Soup for The Soul Pet Food and the BlogPaws® Professional Pet Influencer Network. I am being compensated for helping create awareness around the Brand and new product launch, but Rascal and Rocco only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Chicken Soup for The Soul is not responsible for the content of this article.
We recently learned that Chicken Soup for the Soul not only makes fantastic books, they now have premium pet food! Chicken Soup for the Soul pet food is natural and made with quality ingredients. Max is one happy pup, because they have grain free dog food.
The cats loved their cat food, also. So much so, that it took forever to get a good pic of one of them! I should know better than to bug them with a photo shoot while they’re eating.
My pets love the taste and I love that this company cares about the health of my pets. Not only that, but they give back and show their love for animals in big ways.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Pets Gives Back
- A portion of all proceeds from the sale of their pet food goes to The Humpty Dumpty Institute to help support organizations that feed and care for animals in shelters or in crisis.
- Royalties from their new books, Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Very Good, Very Bad Dog and Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Very Good, Very Bad Cat will go to the American Humane Association.
- Their new packages feature shelter pets that found their forever homes, who’s stories can be found on the back of the packages (What an awesome bonus!).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul is the official sponsor for the American Humane Association’s Hero Dog Awards, as well as a sponsor for the Therapy Dog Category.
You still have time to enter the #MyPetIsMyHero contest for a chance for your pet to be on T.V.
How do you show your pet you love him? Tell me in the comments!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chicken Soup. The opinions and text are all mine.